Sign up to be a Student Volunteer and help us keep UMAP 2013 running smoothly throughout the conference. You must have had student status for at least one semester during the academic year before UMAP. We are more than happy to accept undergraduate, graduate, and PhD students. We need friendly enthusiastic volunteers to help us out.
The Student Volunteer should:
- Be enthusiastic with strong interpersonal skills.
- Have experience and/or interest in UMAP topics.
- Be fluent in English.
- Be reliable, punctual and self-starter.
- Conference Registration which includes: access to all open technical sessions, free refreshments during breaks, electronic version of conference proceedings;
- One Half-Day Tutorial free;
- Travel expenses and accommodation are charged to students.
Applicants must be available for at least three full days between the 10th and the 14th of June 2013 in order to offer about 20 hours of volunteering help.
May 10, 2013 – Application DeadlineCLOSED
- May 20, 2013 – Acceptance notification
How to apply
To be considered as a Student Volunteer for the UMAP 2013 Conference, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing:
- The application form, properly filled;
- A scanned copy of an official letter (in English) from your University or School, properly signed and stamped, indicating your current student status. You will then present this letter when registering at the Conference.
All applications received by May 10, 2013 will be reviewed and volunteers selected will be notified by May 20, 2013.
A reserve list will also be drawn up upon applications received by the preliminary registration deadline, but not initially selected.
Student applicants that are not selected to become volunteers will be offered the chance to register taking advantage of the early registration rate.
Applications received after the deadline will be placed at the end of the reserve list in the order in which they are received. Since experience has shown that more students apply than can be accepted, early application is strongly encouraged. However, applicants on the reserve list may also be accepted. Therefore, do not be discouraged if you are applying after the original deadline.
Applicants selected from the reserve list that have already registered and paid for their participation will get a full refund.
Please also consider Student Support.
If you have any question, send an email to email@example.com