[GDNET] About this service

Ulrik Brandes ulrik.brandes at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Jan 10 19:36:38 CET 2012

Dear GDNET list subscribers,

due to their coincidental initiation, there has been some confusion about
the role of this list and the GD Steering Committee voting process.

One source of confusion may have been that the same list of email
addresses was used to call for nominations/votes and to populate GDNET.

As current administrator of GDNET, I would like to clarify that these
are two separate issues.

The GDNET mailing list is intended to be an open and informal list
for researchers and practioners interested in current graph drawing
developments.  Postings are envisaged to contain, e.g.,

 - conference and workshop announcements, calls for papers
 - job openings and other positions
 - funding programs, awards, benchmark data, and other resources
 - announcements and initiatives of sufficiently general interest

We therefore expect this to be a relatively low-traffic list.  The main
purpose is to integrate the community better, and to improve diffusion
of graph drawing information.

To prevent spam, and only to prevent spam, the list is initially
configured as moderated.  While this means that every posting needs to
be approved by a moderator, this should be completely transparent to you.

Simply send messages to GDNET at graphdrawing.org, or reply to a posting.

We (Maurizio Patrignani, Walter Didimo, and myself) will apply a most
liberal policy to let list members decide on the best use for this list.
This includes, of course, changing the role and identities of moderators.

Everyone is invited to post to GDNET, and we hope you will find this
service interesting, helpful, and entertaining.

Best wishes,

B.

--
Prof. Dr. Ulrik Brandes
Department of Computer &    | +49 7531 88-4433 (phone)
University of Konstanz      | Ulrik.Brandes at uni-konstanz.de
78457 Konstanz, Germany     | http://www.inf.uni-konstanz.de/~brandes/