VLDB is a premier international conference on database technology, organized
every year by the VLDB Endowment (http://www.vldb.org/). VLDB 2001 will be held in
Rome, one of the most important historical cities in the world, with an
incredible number of interesting monuments. Rome is the capital of a
large industrialized country, which has significant activities in computing,
including software companies, and many important users, It also has a long
academic tradition, with various different database groups in university
departments and research centres. VLDB usually draws 500-600 participants: in
Rome, given that we have an attractive city, convenient transportation and an
interested local community, we aim at an even higher figure: over 700.
We are actively encouraging sponsorships for the conference.
There are three categories of sponsorship for the VLDB 2001 conference.
- Principal Sponsor
In each case, the sponsoring company is responsible for providing the artwork
(company logo) to be included on the various publications and promotional
The sponsoring company may request their contribution to be associated with a
specific conference item or event. However, sponsorship
items will be allocated on a 'first come first served' basis.
Suggested contribution is upwards of $5,000 (or 5,000Euro or 10million Lire).
Benefits will include:
- Identification as a contributor on:
- Conference Poster (if sponsorship is received before printing of the
- Final Program;
- Advance Program;
- Daily newsletters.
- Leaflets supplied by the sponsor will be added to the
Items to which the contributing sponsor's name can be attributed include:
- Invited speaker session;
- Tutorial session;
- Panel session;
- 2 x tea/coffee breaks;
- Aperitifs at conference dinner;
- After dinner liqueurs;
- Entertainment during conference dinner;
- Delegate packs (pens, pads etc.).
Suggested value of sponsorship is upwards of $10,000 (or 10,000Euro or 20million
Lire). Benefits will include all contributors' benefits, plus:
- One Standard Size space in the exhibition area;
- Early registration fee for late registrants from the sponsoring company;
- Identification as a sponsor on banner at inauguration and conference
- Badges of all representatives from the sponsoring company will identify
them as a sponsor;
- Sponsor identification on proceedings, banners, and final program will be
in larger size than contributor identification.
Items to which the sponsor's name can be attributed may include:
- Multiple contributor items;
- Delegate Email facilities;
- Tutorial notes;
- 1 x Lunch;
- Conference welcome reception;
- Wine for the conference banquet;
- Delegate bags.
There will be one or two principal sponsors. Suggested value of principal sponsorship is
upwards of $25,000 (or 25,000Euro or 50million Lire). Benefits will include all sponsors' benefits, plus:
- One double-size space in the exhibition or coffee break area;
- Inclusion of principal sponsoring company's logo on the conference bag;
- Opportunity to hold a reception before the conference banquet or to hold
the welcoming reception.
Items to which the principal sponsor's name can be attributed may include:
- Multiple sponsor items;
- Conference Banquet.
For further information please contact one of: