Theses & Labs offered within the Computer Networks Group
Visualization of the Backbone of an Internet Service Provider
The purpose of this work is to develop a platform that is able to visualize the routing evolution of the backbone of an ISP.
The thesis poses the following main challenges:
- It requires the usage of several integrated networking technologies. Some of them ar supposed to be already known by the student: e.g. IP, Ospf, BGP. Some other should be studied during the thesis: e.g. MPLS, LDP.
- It requires a skill that combines: abstraction capabilities, software implementation attitude, interest for experimental activities.
If the target of the thesis will be made, the student will have the follwong benefits:
- Knowledge of the most popular (and currently universally adopted) mix of technologies that ISPs use to configure customet VPNs.
- Ability to develop sw in a cutting-edge scenario involving DBMSs, up-to-date sw development methodologies, visualization environments.
- Experience of router-switch configuration in state-of-the-art laboratory.