|Giordano Da Lozzo
We will be at
Best Paper Award
We will be at
We will be at
Show all news
Giordano Da Lozzo
Giordano Da Lozzo is a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Engineering at the Roma Tre University. Until October 2017, he was
an assistant project scientist at the CECS Department of The Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences at University of California, Irvine.
Until September 2016, he was a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Informatics and Automation (DIA) of the Roma Tre University.
His research interests are in the areas of graph theory, algorithms, and complexity theory, with a particular focus on problems in Graph Drawing and Computational Geometry.
He received the "Laurea" Bachelor degree and the "Laurea Magistrale" Master degree in Computer Science and Engineering at the Roma Tre University, and
defended his Ph.D. thesis at the Department of Informatics and Automation (DIA) of the same institution, advised by Prof. Giuseppe
Di Battista and Prof. Maurizio Patrignani, on June 2015.
He was a visiting scholar at:
He was involved in the following projects:
- 2016 - 2017: STAC (The Space/Time Analysis for Cybersecurity program) funded by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- 2014 - 2016: AMANDA (Algorithmics for MAssive and Networked DAta) funded by MIUR (PRIN12)
- 2012 - 2014: LEONE (From global measurements to local management) funded by EU FP7 STREP of European Commission
- 2010 - 2013: GraDr (Graph Drawing and Representation) funded by ESF EUROCORES EuroGIGA Programme of European Science Foundation
- 2010 - 2012: AlgoDEEP (Algorithmic challenges for Data-intensivE processing on Emerging computing Platforms) funded by MIUR (PRIN08)
He was Program Committee member of the following conferences:
He was appointed as teaching assistant for the courses:
Best Paper Award at the 42nd International Conference on Current Trends in Theory and Practice of Computer: P. Angelini, G. Da Lozzo, M. Di Bartolomeo, V. Di Donato, M. Patrignani, V. Roselli, and I. G. Tollis: L-Drawings of Directed Graphs
Best Poster Award at the 23rd International Symposium on
Graph Drawing & Network Visualization: P. Angelini, G. Da Lozzo, G. Di Battista, F. Frati, M. Patrignani, and I. Rutter: On the Relationship between Map Graphs and Clique Planar Graphs
Best MS Thesis Award "Confindustria Servizi Innovativi e Tecnologici--AICA": G. Da Lozzo:
Definizione ed analisi di un paradigma per la visualizzazione e la navigazione di informazioni relazionali in ambiente mobile e sua implementazione nel contesto Google Android
- Giordano Da Lozzo, David Eppstein, Michael T. Goodrich, Siddharth Gupta. Subexponential-Time and FPT Algorithms for Embedded Flat Clustered Planarity. In 44rd International Workshop on Graph-Theoretic Concepts in Computer Science (WG 2018), Cottbus, Germany, June 27-29, 2018, 2018. To appear.
- Giordano Da Lozzo, David Eppstein, Michael T. Goodrich, Siddharth Gupta. Subexponential-Time and FPT Algorithms for Embedded Flat Clustered Planarity. Technical Report arXiv:1803.05465, Cornell University, 2018.
- Giordano Da Lozzo, Giuseppe Di Battista, Fabrizio Frati, Maurizio Patrignani. Computing NodeTrix Representations of Clustered Graphs. Journal of Graph Algorithms and Applications. 22(2):139-176. 2018.
- Giordano Da Lozzo, William Devanny, David Eppstein, Timothy Johnson. Square-Contact Representations of Partial 2-Trees and Triconnected Simply-Nested Graphs. Technical Report arXiv:1710.00426, Cornell University, 2017.
- Robin Anderson, Shuliang Bai, Fidel Barrera-Cruz, \'Eva Czabarka, Giordano Da Lozzo, Natalie L. F. Hobson, Jephian C.-H. Lin, Austin Mohr, Heather C. Smith, L\'aszl\'o A. Sz\'ekely, Hays Whitlatch. Analogies between the crossing number and the tangle crossing number. Technical Report arXiv:1708.09281, Cornell University, 2017.
Display all publications