Currently Assistant Professor at the AI Lab of ROMA TRE University. Previously visiting scientist and researcher at Nokia Bell Labs at Cambridge UK and Xerox PARC. Since 2017 member of the A.I. Task Force promoted by AgID (Agency for Digital Italy). He got his PhD in 2005 doing research on Adaptive Web Search.
He has collaborated and is still collaborating in National and International research projects regarding Internet technologies.
He was one of the authors of the book: The Adaptive Web Methods and Strategies of Web Personalization.
He is currently member of the the A.I. Task Force promoted by Agency for Digital Italy.
He has been reviewer of well established International Journals and stably involved in technical program committees of relevant conferences.
His research interests include:
- User Modeling and User Adapted Interaction
- Recommender Systems and Context-awareness
- Social Web
- Adaptive Focused Crawling
For Students: Argomenti per Progetti e Tesi di laurea (sempre aggiornato). Per approfondimenti contattare il docente via email.
Special Issues CFP
- CFP: Advances in Personalized Mobile Services (Mobile Information Systems journal)
- CFP: Mining Social Networks for Local search and Location-based Recommender Systems (Personal and Ubiquitous Computing journal)
Courses currently taught
- See Academics website of Engineering Department
Department of Engineering
Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Roma Tre University
Via della Vasca Navale 79, I – 00146 Rome, Italy
Voice:+39 06 5733 3212
Fax:+39 06 5733 3612
Mobile Ext.: 81066
Room: DIA 207
Office Hours (students): on appointment
e-Mail: gaspare [AT] ing [DOT] uniroma3 [DOT] it