VLDB Program for Supporting Participation
from Developing Countries
NEW CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
A second round of bursaries (funded by the Organizing Committee of VLDB 2001
with its sponsors and by the VLDB Endowment) are available to partially cover
the cost of attending VLDB for participants from developing countries. Due to
the geographic location of Rome, the program is particularly suited to help
participation from Eastern Europe or North African Counties.
Depending of availability, recipients will be eligible to receive:
Please note the following points:
- partial or full coverage of conference registration fees;
- partial or full coverage of hotel expenses;
- travel and living expenses contributions.
Please send an application by July, 15 (strict deadline)
to the following address:
- It is not necessary to be presenting a paper at VLDB to be eligible.
- Although there is no age limit, the program will favor the participation of young researchers.
DIFA - Universita' della Basilicata
c.da Macchia Romana
85100 Potenza, Italy
Applications should consist of:
- A one-page statement describing why you wish to attend VLDB
and how it would benefit you.
- A curriculum vitae.